Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fancy Dishes

When I first knew for sure I was getting Elli, I was all excited about all the doggy accessories I would have to buy. One of the top things on that list was dishes.

I was surprised at how much they could cost, and by all the variations available. I liked the ceramic dishes, but at the time I wasn't sure if they would break easily. So I ended up buying a pink set of dishes that were in a plastic holder to keep them steady. I paid $20 for these, an average price. I was suprised at how much you could spend on dog dishes.

When I got them home, I wasn't in love with them. They just didn't seem quite right. I ended up returning them. Instead, opting for Elli to use little plastic tupperware dishes for the time being until I found what I really wanted.

This worked great. Well, until Elli started chewing them up, and running around the house with her tupperware on her head like a helmet. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I assume she hurt herself playing this way. Because one day she decided she was scared of her tupperware dishes. I resorted to dumping her dog food directly on the floor for her to eat. She wouldn't go near the tupperware.

I knew it was time to get real dishes.

One Saturday, I went to the Royal Doulton sale with my mom. There we came across a nice set of dog dishes with an elegant rose pattern on it. They were only $25, which is actually quite cheap for dog dishes, believe it or not. So we bought them for Elli. This wasn't exactly what I was imagining for Elli's dishes, but they worked and were quite nice.

She's been using these fancy dishes now for about a year, without incident. It's become sort of a joke now that Elli only eats out of the good Royal Doulton dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment