Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's been awhile...

I know, I know I'm way behind on my blogging. I've been keeping track of things I want to blog about here. So hopefully I will be able to post a few tonight to catch up. I've just been busy lately with our new addition. A chocolate labradoodle puppy we named Reilly.

He's four months old now, and thankfully starting to grow out of some of the unpleasant puppy behaviours.   Puppies are extremely cute, but they have a few habits that can be exhausting. I thought there might be something wrong with him, with the amount of accidents he had in the house the first few weeks we had him. Thankfully he's much better now, it's been over a week since the last accident. He also enjoys biting my ankles, especially when I'm getting ready for work, or wearing my fuzzy red slippers. I won't even mention how he likes to wake up at 4 am every morning.

Elli warmed up to him quicker than I expected. She seems to really enjoy having a friend to play with and boss around. They are still practicing sharing bones and not stealing one another's food, but over all they are doing great together. I'm also pleased with how Reilly seems to be helping Elli overcome some of her not so nice behaviours-such as sharing, and being more open to meeting all types of dogs on walks.

Today was a big day for Reilly. We took him and Elli to the dog park for the first time. Reilly had a great time running around and meeting other dogs. I was especially proud of Elli, she made a few friends and even ventured away from my side a little bit...but not too far. The last time I took her, she was swarmed by a bunch of big dogs, and she got a little scared. This time I tried to project the calm-assertive energy Cesar talks about. I see a lot more trips to the dog park in our future.

Next up...puppy school!

No comments:

Post a Comment