Monday, October 15, 2012

Cullen Gardens...We made it!



It took over two years, but I finally brought the dogs to Cullen Gardens in Whitby. We live only a few minutes away from this park. So Friday after work I packed up the dogs and we went over. We walked around the trails that were once home to the miniature village. It was like an abandoned ghost town, with a hint of being the perfect location for a horror film. The once well-tended gardens were overgrown, and the pedestrian bridges were rotting away. But, it was a more interesting walk then walking around the block for an hour. We ran into a couple dogs out for walks, and a photographer taking some nice fall shots.

We then ventured further north in the park where there is a large open field. I let Reilly run a bit off-leash. We managed to find a stick to play fetch with. Just when we were about to leave, a couple of dogs showed up to play. They were also off-leash so Reilly got a good work-out playing with them. I kept Elli on the leash since it’s technically not an off-leash park (yet). While talking to the owners I discovered that the trails are quite extensive. They are all clearly marked, and go all the way to Heber Down (another location I had been meaning to get to).

Since the park is so close to home, and offers a good experience for the dogs I think this is somewhere that we’ll start making more trips to. I want to get back into the routine of taking the dogs out more. Reilly has tons of energy to use up, and Elli and I can use a good walk too. I’m looking forward to the opening of the official off-leash area at Cullen Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment